Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our first sight of SNOW!!!

Well, here we are...it's only the 28th of October and we have seen our first sight of SNOW!! They say here that it doesn't snow in October...hardly ever! Last year, it didn't snow until January! I wonder if this means that our first winter here is going to be a doozy! :) Cameron and Trevor were simply thrilled to see snow. They couldn't believe it! I told them that this was really nothing, just a "dusting" and that we would get to see lots more...you should have seen their eyes widen...pure excitement! It was great!! :) Landen is still sleeping...(but that story will be in the post to follow).




Our front lawn...the bay window you see is in our lounge. The small column you see is a VERY old sundial. I want to research it if I can...see, the house is over 100 years old, but the slate topper to the sundial has a carved name and a date of 1813!!! And that is not a typo!



This is our back garden, as see through my big kitchen window. There is the trampoline we brought over with us and our grill (under the black cover).

As I am finishing this post, it has begun to snow! Cameron is amazing and is staring out our office window. Unfortunately, I don't think you are able to see the snow in the picture. Anyway, I like the photo...It's cold now, but still loving every minute! Love and hugs to all!

No comments: