Thursday, June 5, 2008

We are here!!!







Wow!! We are really here! I have so much to share with all of you... I have a bunch of photos to post, but no card reader on my laptop. So those will have to follow...

But, the trip went really well, 12 hours from start to finish, and the boys did really great! Trevor and Landen slept on the Houston to Amsterdam flight, but big C, thought it was all way too cool to sleep through...so he stayed up the whole time (which means I stayed up the whole time :)) It caught up with him though...on the short Amsterdam flight to Aberdeen (1 1/2 hrs) he CRASHED HARD! For those of you who know him well, he is a VERY heavy sleeper, so we had to practically drag him off the flight! :)

I think the first thing the boys asked was "where is the snow?" We told them they would have to wait a bit for that. They did comment on how "pretty" and "green" it all was! Photographs don't even do it justice compared to the "real thing". It is just absolutely beautiful here!! There are black faced sheep that roam in the fields that are along the roads and the boys thought they were very cool! Along with the taxi driver having a wheel on the opposite side of the car and driving on the opposite side of the road...you could see their little minds spinning taking it all in. They had smiles from ear to ear (and so did I!!!)

I don't want to bore you with ALL the details, so I'll say we are adjusting very well! We went to ASDA (like Walmart) for some groceries after we dropped our luggage at our flat (what they call an apartment). We will be here about a month, before we get into our house. Mark went to work that afternoon and the boys and I hung out, ate an early dinner and all crashed pretty early...all the boys slept almost 16hrs!!! Tuesday we walked to the library, Wednesday we went to Victoria and Westburn Parks and today we took a morning walk around and along part of Union Street(the main Aberdeen shopping street) and this afternoon we went to Kippie, which is like a Country Club (our friend is a member).

If you are wondering about the weather... Monday, the day we arrived was beautiful, Tuesday, a very light drizzle (which didn't stop us, or anyone else, from walking about) and yesterday and today were absolutely beautiful!!! Nothing like crazy Houston, sweat-your-tail-off-weather!!:) Perfect blue sky, slight cool breeze, sunny weather!!

Mark has been working hard! We are excited to be able to do something together this weekend! Mark and I are actually attending a Marathon Ball on Saturday night!! It is a formal, black tie event. Mark went and was fitted for and bought a tuxedo today! :) I think the last time I saw him in a tux was on our wedding day, so I am excited for Saturday.

Well, that is probably long enough for tonight. I look forward to sharing our adventures with all of you. Much more to come... luv and hugs!!! Keep in touch!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cassia,
Glad you all made it safe, can't wait to see more pictures. I'll be watching the blog and living in Scotland vicariously through you for a while!

Enjoy!

Pegge Sumrall (CHA)

Brandon said...

I am glad the flight went so well! I was wondering how it would go with three active boys. I am sure the looks on the boys' faces were priceless. They are so lucky to have this experience---they'll never forget it.

Goerlich Quadruplets said...

So excited to read your updates! I've been praying for you and hoping to hear something soon. We need photos! :) I'm dying to know what you're going to wear this weekend!! Can't wait for the photos and more updates. Are you sure you don't miss the Houston heat just a little? ;) -Mari

Pricefamilyblog said...

I was so excited to find your blog. I look forward to keeping up with you and your family. We miss you already...can't wait to see pictures

La Vida en Spanglish said...

I miss you!!! I am glad to hear you are adjusting and having a great time though. Your new house is gorgeous! You should be getting into it in a few weeks right??? Keep in touch!

Kaycee