Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Hogmanay!


Edinburugh Castle Hogmanay Celebration!

     Hogmanay is the Scots word for the last day of the year and is synonymous with the celebration of the New Year in the Scottish manner. It is, however, normally only the start of a celebration which lasts through the night until the morning of New Year's Day, or, in some cases, 2nd January, which is a Scottish Bank Holiday. There are lots of traditions that go along with it, like the "first-footing"...but I'll let you "Google" that if you'd like. :)

     I guess the first thing I should say to everyone is "Hello again!" One of my resolutions for 2010 is to try to keep up with our blog! It is a super way for us to share this amazing adventure with all of our family and friends. But I have totally slacked and have not updated it in forever...sorry. New year...new start.

     God blessed us in so many ways throughout 2009 and we are looking very forward to His plans for us in 2010! I will recap a bit, just so you can all see into our life here in Scotland.

No comments: