Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Marathon Ball

Saturday, June 7th - Mark and I were able to attend the Marathon Ball - Celebrating 25 Years of Brae. It was a real blessing that we were able to get a babysitter after only being in the country for five days. And, no. I did not find her on the nearest corner! :) A wife of a co-worker of Mark's recommended her and she ended up being available when we asked. It worked out perfectly!

I am so upset that I did not get a photo! The babysitter went to the WRONG hotel....so Mark had to go pick her up and bring her to our flat...needless to say, we were running late. Marathon had buses pick-up at certain locations, so people would not have to drive. SO, Mark thought we need to "head out" to be sure we didn't miss our ride. I am really regretting not saying to wait just a minute and let Kendall (babysitter) take a picture. I wore a floor length crushed velvet dress with a plunging neck and back :) and Mark wore a black tux! He looked so handsome!

The Ball was at the Exhibition Center and was wonderfully done...from the food to the entertainment and music! There were over 400 attendees and everyone looked amazing. Traditional formal attire for a Scotsman is his kilt, so there were well over 100 men in the traditional garb. They looked fanatastic! I told Mark the next time we go to a Ball, I want him to hire a Kilt. And don't worry, I won't back down on getting my photo then!! :)

And we danced the night away..... it was wonderful. I think we may have sat out, maybe, 2 songs the whole night. We didn't get home until almost 2am!!! But we had a fabulous time!

No comments: